Apollo Fanfare boiler wont fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently fitted a brand new PCB to the boiler, as it was giving problems reigniting after the pilot light went out for any reason (high winds etc).

All seemed to be going fine until now.

It still has the same problem.

When I put the timed setting on "continous" and put the switch to "High" you immediately hear a noise from the boiler, which I assume is the fan (although you guys may tell me differently) ?

You do not hear the "click" at all as it should do to fire up.

The problems seems to happen most most I try to override a timed setting. ie. if my heating is timed to come on from 2pm until 4pm and I put it on continous setting from 1pm until after 2pm, then this gives me the igniting problem.

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
If the fan is starting and boiler is not sparking then it is usually air presure switch not making , very occasionally it maybe the fan not spinning fast enough

If the fan is starting and boiler is not sparking then it is usually air presure switch not making , very occasionally it maybe the fan not spinning fast enough

Is it possible that there could be a bit of dirt in or around the air pressure switch ?

Is this easy to repair ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back