Pump recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Myson CP53 pump which is very weak and starting to fail. Does anybody know how good these pumps are? Is it ok to fit a direct replacement or should I go for another make?

Sponsored Links
OK cheers for that. Probably go for Grundfoss then. Trying to decide if I should tackle this myself or get a plumber in. How much should this cost? Surely it can't be any more than a hours labour which I guess is about £50 (plus cost of pump)?

If I do it myself - Its a 22 year old system but couldn't tell you when the pump was last replaced or how easy the valves would be to move. How easy should this be? What do you think?

Well I'd charge more than £50!!

It's almost a dead cert the valves won't seal, and very likely the nuts will have siezed. If the system hasn't been cleaned, it's also likely the new pump will have a short life.

Sponsored Links
That's rather a lot considering you said you'd commission my boiler for a tenner.

What, Mars or the charge-'em-double postcode?

OK, a score then.

50 quid good luck

1200 to qualify to part P
200 to qualifiy to part L
Collousal amounts to qualify to part G
insurance cost= stupid amounts times per year
Van costs
wages
registrations

50 quid dont even begin to cover the absolute crap and ****** we have to go through to be able to prove we are competent to do your ****ing boiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** this **** I am really considering packing this crap in

I would like to say "rant over" but this dont even begin to cover it...no not by a long chalk

PaulAH said:
That's rather a lot considering you said you'd commission my boiler for a tenner.

My memory is failing, can you provide a link to my quote? :eek:

kevplumb said:
that was only till he got the address

OH NO IT WASN'T!!!!! It was 'til he said he was stinking rich (b'stard):D

(If I said such a thing at all).

Ditto with corgiman, do they want people to come and stay in this trade or are they deliberately trying to **** us all off and jack it in.

Cheap pump supplied and fitted 10 minutes travel time, valves shut off and on again, 10 minutes to change pump 10 minutes travel, I will do for £95.00
anything else and how long a peice of string, drain off, new valves new inhibitor, refill air locks etc £50,000 if I dont like the whingeing customer.

You could NEVER do it in 1/2 hour. 10 mins travel will be at least 15, and by the time you've farted around with the valves and grotty wire ends at least 1/2 hr will have gone by. You'd be lucky to get it done in 1 hr start to finish. I charge £120 min.

are the powers-that-be seriously suggesting that building control need to be notified if a pump is changed, simply because wires are disconnected and reconnected (and I presume should then be tested). :?:

That's what's in the OFTEC newsletter. Who cares, if all heating guys cooperated and sent corgi/oftec a copy AND sent the local Building control a copy of EVERY job (just in case corgi/oftec sit on it), they'd soon get it changed. Imagine the paperwork coming through the door every day. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back