Cowboy Builder's Electrical work.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The builder did the 'electrics' himself. He rebuilt a summer house, the original building had been supplied by micc from the main house. When asked for EIC "doesn't require one as its replacing an existing building". Pic 1 Location of job.
image0010.jpg

Following pictures of the micc to swa connection, didn't bother with cpc continuity or a pot on the end of the micc.
image0003.jpg

image0005.jpg

image0006.jpg

image0014.jpg

All was live when I got there. Pic's took with phone camera, going back next week to rectify, and the internal wiring was just as bad!

Sponsored Links
It can't have been like that for too long :LOL:

He needs throwing in jail for leaving an installation like that.

Had the pyro sheath come live yet?

That is lethal. If I saw that myself then I'd be looking for him to be prosecuted for it. Report it to your local building control and let them sort it out.
The exact type of lash up that part p was introduced to stop.

I agree. The customer got the builder back, but she was so exasperated him (other crap work) just wanted him gone. I explained all about part p and suggested going to trading standards, I think she'd come to the end of her tether.
The next pic is where the swa enters the summer house straight into a socket (other sockets radiate off) and the lighting is fed straight of the back of the socket outlet.

image0009.jpg

Sponsored Links
He hasn't got a clue - how on earth (excuse the pun) does he expect the protective conductor to work?
Seriously tho - the person responsible for this should be prosecuted and I dread to think what else he has installed elsewhere.

Looks like a familiar location for some reason.
Someone I know has just had their pool house replaced but I haven't seen it.

Is this in shropshire?

The builder did the 'electrics' himself. He rebuilt a summer house, the original building had been supplied by micc from the main house.
Was the original building a wooden structure?

I note that the new one is brick.

When asked for EIC "doesn't require one as its replacing an existing building".
Did he also tell the customer that it didn't need PP or Building Regs approval on the same basis?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back