hot water problem with Greenstar 24i junior combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,
I've recently been having problems with my hot water. When showering the hot water seems to come in fits n starts going form normal (hot) shower temp to freezing cold. Jumping in and out of the way of the stream of water several times every morning is proving to be a tad tiresome and I wondered if anyone could help. The (bar)gauge on the boiler is as low as it can go and no combination of tap turning seems to help. There are two black taps directly below the boiler and one metal tap below those.
Any help much appreciated
Thanks
Dannyboy

Sponsored Links
For starters, it could probably do with a service. Unless you are doing something wrong, it also sounds like the filling loop has perished.
You really shouldn't use the boiler if the pressure is below 0.5 as a minimum.

If you can post a picture of the filling loop, we might even solve at least part of the problem this way.

Sponsored Links
If the pressure was adequate then thats the classic symptom of a blocked plate heat exchanger. ( Your boiler may not have one! )

But the first thing is to increase the pressure to the normal 1.5 bar.

You should move both black taps until they are in line with the pipe and that should be to open position and allow water to enter.

Hopefully it may only be the pressure which is a simple problem but there may be other problems to find after that has been corrected.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back