Electric Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Yes, this is going to be a stupid question for some people, but one I am not sure of the answer!!!

I need my electric shower replaced. Simple unit change, all the plumbing and wiring are ok etc.

So......Do I need an electrician or a plumber to install a new electric shower? :rolleyes:

Many thanks in advance

Jo

Sponsored Links
I need my electric shower replaced. Simple unit change, all the plumbing and wiring are ok etc.

Says who, you? what kilowatt is existing shower? what kilowatt is new shower? is existing cable up to taking new shower? 6mm cable or 10mm cable.

So......Do I need an electrician or a plumber to install a new electric shower? :rolleyes:

You need a spark to check your current installation and anyone competent enough to fit new unit afterwards.

Pay no attention to legion, he is the forum idiot.
Replacing a shower unit like for like is fairly simple if the new one is physically identical to the old one.
The real challenge is that a lot of electric showers were never fitted right in the first place.
Is yours protected by a RCD? If so, does it work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back