Myson Apollo Fanfare 30 50 won't fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello First post,

As in the title. Switched the heating on last week and it seemed a bit erratic, not quite reaching temperature. It wouldn't come on at all yesterday.

Checked all the stats and the three way valve which all appear ok. The pilot is on but the main burner won't light when called. The flue fan is working ok. I checked the gas valve solenoid feed and I'm only getting 40 volts. I'm sure this is a 230v solenoid. It's a Honeywell V4700E1007 valve. So not sure why I'm getting voltage drop. I've got the pcb out at the moment and the board itself looks fine but the big resistor on the side of the case looks a bit iffy and the soldered joints don't look too good. The boiler has been looked after and it's generally ok.

The three way valve is a Sunvic Unishare. I've read some bad reports about these and wonder if this is where my voltage drop is. I'd like to keep this boiler running over the coming winter if poss with a view to fitting a new modern system complete early next year. I've just escaped redundancy at work and the house alarm has just packed up as well so don't really want to splash the cash if I can help it.

Thanks for any help. :(

Sponsored Links
air pressure switch would be next on my "things to check" list

Ah thanks just found the wiring diagram. Any idea where the air pressure switch is on this model?

Sponsored Links
up by the fan.

Check all multipin plugs are pushed in properly if you are only getting 40v

Yes it is the air pressure switch. Shorted the connector block by the switch and got 240v at the solenoid.

www.gas-spares.co.uk
might not be on the site but if its avialable they will prob have it
Make sure you get the right appollo numbers(i ,si or whatever) as there is loads of appollos with different switches so use appliance GC number on phone call

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back