EPDM or Zinc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having an extension added to my house and am currently researching which roofing material to use.

I like the look of Zinc and from what I have read EPDM seems to be the best low cost option (compared to felt and Fibreglass).

Before I get some quotes in, does anyone have any comment on these choices and roughly what differences there would be in costs.

The extension will be 3.8m x 5.8m

many thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
A metal roof outlasts any other roofing material on the market. It is zero maintenance and light weight. I replaced a zinc church roof last year which was installed 124 years ago. The initial cost is greater than other options but you will not have to worry about it for the rest of your lifetime ( and I'll guarantee that!).
The weather determines the life of whatever roof you choose. With an ever changing climate the different temperature changes between summer and winter is getting greater meaning materials expand and contract further. This is what leads to cracks and leaking roofs, zinc, copper and stainless steel roofs are designed to cope with extreme temperature changes for 100 years.
My advice is go with the best roof you can afford that way you'll have no regrets.
Buy cheap, buy twice!!

Forgot to say............you can also have soffit, fascia, gutter and downpipes all made from the same zinc, a very neat finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back