What is the quickest way to get the cutout re-installed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was called out today to inspect a gaspipe, and found that the screw holding up the distributor's cutout had rusted through :eek: and found it sitting on the gaspipe.
Don't think that is quite the required minimum distance.
What number do I call for south west London to get that sorted on the double? Last time I needed them to alter one, it took six weeks :evil: , I am hoping to have a result a bit quicker this time as I really don't like the sight of it.

Sponsored Links
call the number on the customers bill and tell them theres a dangerous situation with the supply equipment in the property.

08000 280247 should be able to help,when it asks for postcode, if you dont know it just input any to move on, they ask the adress later anyway.

call the number on the customers bill and tell them theres a dangerous situation with the supply equipment in the property.
"Dangerous situation? Sorry sir, you are through to admin, we just send the bill, you need technical I suppose." :evil: "Have you tried the number for LEB? " :evil: :evil: :evil:
[large caliber gun being fired emoticon]

Sponsored Links
Its EDF , not sure, def all of london, other areas they will give you the right number.
Free from landline , chargeble on a mobile.

Where abouts in London are you?

Do you know who the DNO is?
This comes under South Norwood I believe, which is a SE postcode but close to SW and CR postcodes.It is more or less between Streatham, Crystal Palace and Croydon. I suppose DNO would be EDF.

My DNO are pretty good on stuff like this, but then they are nice friendly Yorkshire folk :LOL:

*Well the call centre is actually in Newcastle

Contact Us [EDF] in an emergency

London 0800 028 0247†
East 0800 783 8838†
South East 0800 783 8866†

†Calls may be monitored and recorded as part of our customer care programme. Calls to ‘0800’ numbers are free from BT landlines, other network operators’ charges may vary.

Is that shotings of phesants and grouse? I think it's about the same as last year round here.

Contact Us [EDF] in an emergency

The cutout has fallen off the wall, now sitting on the gaspipe (which is leaking), and I think I saw (just before I got the f u c k out of there) that the insulation is damaged. Would that qualify as an emergency?

London 0800 028 0247†
East 0800 783 8838†
South East 0800 783 8866†

Thanks, I will call all 3, someone should show up. :LOL:

† Calls may be monitored and recorded as part of our customer care programme..

I will do my best to keep the language moderate.

I'd ring them if I was there.

Even if they decide it is not an emergency, they will still schedual it in as a repair in the next few weeks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back