Ikea Kitchens, a good deal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over the years i have fitted a few kitchens in houses ive bought.
and sadly i am about to do the same again!!!!!!

from a high street point of view, IKEA seem to be the best value, they offer a 25 year g/tee on units, nobody else does that.

am i missing something here?

zarni

Sponsored Links
nope!!

the ikea range is excellent, but the one thing that catches people out is the fact that the base cabinets are full depth (no void at back) so all the pipes need to go in the cabinet or under the base plate 4" approx off floor
and electrics need to be chased into wall

Sponsored Links
from a high street point of view, IKEA seem to be the best value, they offer a 25 year g/tee on units, nobody else does that.

am i missing something here?

zarni

there will be fair wear and tear clauses
sinks worktops doors and drawers will probably be excempt :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I worry about the fact that whenever I looked at IKEA kitchens bits were hanging off.

HAving said that I've seen a friends, recently installed & was impressed, seamed good for the money.

Things like gluing the joints when assembling makes a huge difference.

Bought an Ikea kitchen about a year ago, fitted by them. Excellent job all round, one cupboard panel had a fault line from manufacturing and they came back with a replacement (was the fitter who noticed it). However didn't buy worksurface, sink or electricals (except extractor fan) from them as they seemed too cheap looking and as though they wouldn't last so long.

two friend of mine have Ikea kitchens, one for about 10 years and one recently installed. Both are very very happy.

We'll be putting an ikea one in when we do ours, its all got to be rewired and re plumbed anyway so its no biggied for us. And having that extra bit of space will be handy.

Actually downloaded the Ikea planner to my work PC moments ago!

Ikea stuff is good quality, easy to stick together and looks good.
The only thing that lets them down is you'll pick out everything you want and it'll take them an age to get them in stock, or they'll be there somewhere but no-one can find it etc etc.
Once you actually get your hands on it, then happy days!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back