LG WASHING MACHINE TRIPPING MAINS BREAKER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an LG Intello Washer 7 Kg WD-1045 FH washing machine that keeps tripping the mains breaker My PAT tester showed that it was an insulation fault. I'm looking for some advice. I used the PAT tester to eliminate various circuits by disconecting edge connectors etc etc. Once i identifed the faulty component i started to remove it. However this part is fixed to the back of the machine and i thought and it did look like a transformer but it only supplied one wire in and one wire out. I am now assuming that it is a coil of somesort.

Where can i purchase this part and it would be useful to know what its function is.

Once i removed the faulty part i fired the electrics back up and the breaker held on. The electronic's fired up and this allowed me to open the door and remove the washing. I have left it at this point until i can trace the component. Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Thanks Rocks1

I'll get a picture on this post tomorrow. I've been in the electrical / electronic game for 30 years and never seen a supressor like this. Mind you it is not often i look into washing machines

Sponsored Links
Hi

Justing bumping this up

Does anyone know or has seen this type of component before. I was told it was a transformer reactor but am still un-clear as to what its function is

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back