Sliding patio door (fixed part removal)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above really its time for some new furniture but nothing seems to fit the open part of the sliding door. Is it possible to remove the fixed part of the door with out major drama or damage?
The doors are double glazed alloy aprox 15 years old.

Sponsored Links
Sorry dont think I made my self very clear ! I ment indoor furniture to sit on. The doors are fine in every sence. Just need a bigger oppening to get the 'suite' in to the lounge. Hence the need for removal of the fixed glazed panel.
Thanks again.

Put it this way.....the doors were put in after the frame so they'll come out again......look for holes drilled in the ends or the bottom of the fixed door. Often you'll find screws that will lower the runner jacks down, allowing the door to come out. Just generalising here though. John :)

The sliding door will lift off, but was wondering if the non sliding fixed glazed panel will come out. So the fixed bar down the middle is separate to the outer frame.. yes?

Sponsored Links
Can you see any philips screws either on the end jamb or on the inside of the door? On my cheapo ones they are hidden under a rubber plug. With this out, internal screws are turned and the door can be lifted off the tracks. Obviously the frame is fitted into the brickwork opening first, and the doors are added later so they must come out again! John :)

take your sliding door out look at te bottom of the fixed panel there should be a cover plate pop that pff same with the top that should reviel two bracketts one top one bottom couple off screws then it should lift out becarefull patios of this age can be made up of 6mm glass and can be very heavy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back