Masonary drill bits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

looking to buy a new set of masonary drill bits up to 10mm. I'm a handyman so do a fair bit of drilling in walls.

The ones I have now seem to struggle in the brickwork of older houses. they are nothing special, just from a massive ryobi drill bit set, but came with a few of each size so im still using them.

can anyone recommend a reasonably priced set, i'm thinking around £20?

dont want to have to replace them every couple of months, although i do lose some and so may also have to buy individual extras!

also, which ones in general in terms of tip material are most cost effective?

thanks in advance for you advice

andy

Sponsored Links
dont know what youre fixing but i tend to stick to 6mm and 7mm for 90% of work i do,so maybe invest in a few of the same size instead of buying lots of diff sizes.

yeah Im actually the same, but am actually also interested in the case as i dont really have one.

so looking to buy a decent set with a decent case, and then obviously buying more of the ones i use more frequently

thanks for the reply....so quick!

Sponsored Links
The Dewalt extreme bits are good, get a set of the most common sizesfor about £7 iirc, 6/7mm buy a couple, throw them away when they get dull.

Got the Dewalt extreme2 set. They are good but never had a 7mm or 5.5 mm bit in the set. Bought these for a couple of quid each and the set is pretty good.

Hi

I find the Bosch multipurpose bit work really well in brick and masonry.

You can get them in a set of four, but I tend only to use the 6 and 8mm bits.

Regards

G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back