Radiator Noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, when I have my central heating on, everything is fine, all rads get hot and the boiler is efficient and quiet. However, I get a wierd bubbling noise which works its way around the system, from rad to rad. The only way I can describe it, is that it sounds like several large air bubbles (similar sounding to large mud bath bubbles - blub blub blub type of thing)are being pushed around the system, but surely if this was the case, it would just cause an airlock in one or two rads and stay static? I have tried bleeding every rad to no avail, and have also completely drained and refilled the system, so any other suggestions please? :rolleyes: No other recent work has been done on the system, which is a normal header tank, gas fired potterton boiler. Just these noises, which have been happening for a couple of months.

Sponsored Links
This could be pump failure, too much boiler capacity, corrosion, aav’s not working. If you have drained the system you should add inhibitor as soon as possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back