help! Bosch won't fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a full load of stinky dishes but the dishwasher won't fill with water. A couple days ago my drain was very slowly draining and the dishwasher got backed up (water everywhere). I unclogged the drain and got the dishwasher to drain but now when I turn it on everything seems fine (lights on and noise) but then it makes an awful sound about 3 mins into it, I open it and there is no water. It is 3 years old. :(

Sponsored Links
Ok, I had to call the Bosch repair man and since it was so simple to fix I thought I'd post this for anyone else who gets this problem.
When the plumbing backed up it caused water to drip down under the dishwasher into a "leak pan" every time I opened the door. There is a float in there that rises and shuts the water off to prevent a huge water disaster if the machine is leaking. Remove the front panel (6 screws) pops off and the lower kick plate (3 more screws). Getting the water out is a little tricky / awkward, there is no drainage hole to unplug. I used a small sponge and kept putting it in and squeezing it out into a bowl. Runs perfectly now. Of course, I had to pay a hundred dollars to have this shown to me. Hope this helps someone else. :D

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back