beaumatic dishwasher bdw13 wont start cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wonder if anyone can help. When you select a cycle then close the door the machine primes with water as normal. After a few seconds you can usually hear the motor pumping the water but now it just makes a quiet buzz & nothing happens. No error codes are showing ? Help

Sponsored Links
You ever had the brushes done before?

If not it could be that they need replacing. You can buy them to suit online, normally around £10-£15.

How are you at diy? You could take off the cover for the washer locate the motor and check first, you'll normally see bits of carbon and dust in the motor. You can also remove them and have a look its pretty simple to do but can be a bit fiddly. There's plenty of video's online showing how to do it for each manufacturer.

Gobo :)

Sponsored Links
You ever had the brushes done before?

If not it could be that they need replacing. You can buy them to suit online, normally around £10-£15.

How are you at diy? You could take off the cover for the washer locate the motor and check first, you'll normally see bits of carbon and dust in the motor. You can also remove them and have a look its pretty simple to do but can be a bit fiddly. There's plenty of video's online showing how to do it for each manufacturer.

Gobo :)

Cheers for the response. Yeam im a pretty competent DIYer. Are the motors usually located to the rear of the machine or could i possibly gain access without moving the machine ?

depending on the make and model they could be located at the top or bottom, normally there's a access point look for screws rather than rivets and normally that where it will be. For example: The top of my hotpoint just slides off after removing 3 screws holding it in place

no brushes on dishwasher motors . your circulation pump is jammed .

Sry Gav, Rocks is right, having read back to the title rather than your 1st post saying 'machine'. I just assumed it was a washing 'machine' rather than a dishwasher.

Gob's

Depends on make and model, you have not given any info

Fault, whats happening, what should happen etc.

Sorry - it is a BDW13. My machine fills, then starts a very feint humming, but nothing else. On a rinse wash, after 7minutes (the time the manual says it should take), it empties, peep peeps to say it has finished - but nothing has happened - the plates are dry.
Any help gratefully receoved!

Initial thoughts are a jammed impeller or a weak motor start capacitor on the wash pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back