Installing a washing machine in a basement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any way to install a washing machine in a basement when there is no obvious drainage outlet?

Ie, by connecting a pump or other device to pump the water up to a ground level drain?

Sponsored Links
from Saniflo website
The unit, which can be floor or wall mounted, will pump up to 5 metres vertically. It can pump up to 342 litres/hour and if pumping vertically to 4 metres will pump at 156 litres/hour.

Strewth!!! What sort of condensing boiler are they designing for? I doubt that even the largest (70kW) domestic condensing boiler could EVER produce more than 5 litres an hour!

How much does it cost? Are you paying for large capacity that is completely unnecessary? I've used low-voltage pumps for this purpose, which come with a 'wall-wart' power supply. Eliminates Part P issues!!!

Sponsored Links
croydoncorgi said:
from Saniflo website
The unit, which can be floor or wall mounted, will pump up to 5 metres vertically. It can pump up to 342 litres/hour and if pumping vertically to 4 metres will pump at 156 litres/hour.

Strewth!!! What sort of condensing boiler are they designing for? I doubt that even the largest (70kW) domestic condensing boiler could EVER produce more than 5 litres an hour!

How much does it cost? Are you paying for large capacity that is completely unnecessary? I've used low-voltage pumps for this purpose, which come with a 'wall-wart' power supply. Eliminates Part P issues!!!

Thought you'd like that :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back