Stench Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am concerned about the charmingly named stench pipe which rises from the ground directly outside my front window. It stands only about four to five feet high which places it in a most obvious position. Can I just get rid of it? I know it's supposed to assist in discharging gaseous build up from the sewer but it is a) unattractive and b) potentially rather whiffy and I wonder if there is another method of dealing with this. On certain days, but not every day, there is a strong sewerage smell at the front of the house although I am not certain it is actually coming from this pipe. I've only lived there four months and I hate to think what it's like in summer...

Sponsored Links
Your pipe should be 900 mm above the nearest window opening so I'm not surprised you are having the pleasure of sewer aromas :LOL:

Suggest you have it extended ASAP.

I'm surprised your building survey didn't pick this up as it is against regs :eek:

Hello,

I've similar problem with my propery, could you please tell me what have you done with your stench pipe?

Regards

newuser_4 said:
I've similar problem...
Similar is just another word for different, so it would be better if you created a new topic for your new problem.

Sponsored Links
It`s an air inlet.......not a vent :rolleyes: :LOL: and I just binned my supply of mica flaps that I`d kept for 30 years.....pity I didn`t see the post 18 months ago :oops:

Just a theory but folks might resurrect old post cos if they have a problem they do a search which throws up similar subjects but don't notice that the thread is from a few years back.

Often advice given on here suggest that people do a search to find a solution instead of offering one.

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back