Vailant ecoTech - heating but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post so please be gentle with me.

I have a problem with my Vaillant ecoTech system. It is only 3 years old and has given no problems to date apart from occasionally needing to be topped up.

Yesterday I topped up the system but did not close the valves properly. The heating continued to work but the hot water stopped.

I closed the valves and have bled sufficient water out to bring the pressure down to 1.6 bar but the hot water is not running at all.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
CLose both filling valves completely,if the Valve on the cold is open you will get no water to the tap as it closes the cold supply to the boiler

lee

Thanks Lee,

I have tried but the RHS does not close fully by twisting the grey plastic butterfly. There is a philips head in the centre which also won't fully shut off the supply.

The LHS opens and closes ok.

Am I just not tightening it enough? I don't want to force anything and do more damage.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Update - now sorted.

After realising it was a swich (diverter valve) rather than a screw I released the philips head slightly and managed to twist the RHS butterfly (which ultimately will need replacing as it just turn 360 degrees) so turned off the supply valve and re-connect the cold supply. Everything is now working fine.

Thanks to Lee for helping me realise what was going on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back