Aagh lack of hot water from bathroom tap&any water fr sh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really know very little about plumbing except that I am getting really kn****d off with mine at the moment.

Where should I begin. We have been having problems with our mixer shower recently. Its a 2 year old Grohe Grohmaster 2000 EV working with a Salamander CT75 Shower Pump 2.0 Bar Twin. we have recently been having problems with this in as much as it keeps cutting out. Mainly (or so I thought) because there seemed to be little cold water coming through it. You had to turn it to boiling hot and then gradually turn it to cooler but the cold water didnt last very long.

I was advised to clean the filters in the inlet pipes to the pump. Did this, cold one had a few bits of rubbish in there but hot was ok. However the shower still isnt working properly and we now have an added problem of hot water from the bathroom taps. The water starts to come out ok but soon turns into a trickle.

We have a cold water tank in the loft and a hot water cylinder in an airing cupboard. We have an ideal boiler for hot water and heating. My hot water comes on around 3.30pm and turns off at 7.30pm Last night I washed my dinner pots etc in the kitchen sink. Washed mine and daughters hair at around 8.15pm using said shower which cut out part way through daughters rinse and then tried to run a bath but only managed to get about an inch of hot water before it became a trickle. Tried turning on the hot water tap in the bathroom sink and it was bone dry. No water at all.

All seemed fine again this morning with the bathroom sink tap.

I am now getting really fed up and am ready to call a plumber out but would like to know a bit about what the potential problem could be .

Which is where I need help. Sorry for the really long winded question.

HELP !!!!!!

Sponsored Links
have you checked the header tank in loft when the hot water runs out?
possibly blocked feed to cylinder or over drawing supply?

Probably blocked with the remains of a dead rat :eek: Or maybe just needs a new ballvalve ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back