Spur for TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is a muppet question but I'm looking to spur off the ring main for a fused spur with flex outlet for a wall mounted tv in the kitchen/breakfast room in my house. Above the breakfast room where the tv is, there is the attic for the garage and breakfast room as it's single story. I was intending to spur off the ring main in the attic with a junction box and run a cable down the exterior stud wall (timber frame house) and put the fused spur flex outlet in the wall behind the tv. Couple of questions:

1) Is this ok regs wise?
2) what size cable for the supply side of the spur?
3) Is this the best way of doing it?

Thanks in advance.
Tony

Sponsored Links
You would use 2.5 mm twin and earth cable. You would sleeve the bare earth with green and yellow sleeving.

Why a fused spur? You could use a single or a double socket.

You would have to confirm that you are spurring directly off the ring circuit, and not something that is already a spur.

Timber framed houses usually have a vapour barrier that you would probably end up destroying.

Thanks for the info.

I'm using a fused spur because there's no room for a plug to fit behind the tv as it's a flat tv bracket and the flex plate spur would be flatter to the wall. I was going to put a socket in the attic and run the IEC lead thorugh the cavity but I read somewhere this is a no no. Plus it wouldn't be convenient for isolating the tv.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back