How to connect several lights to one switched supply?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have six (!) courtesy/mood lights on the outside of the garage. I want a single switch to turn them all on or all off. Trouble is you can't fit seven wires in any "normal" junction box I have seen. Is it OK to "dasiy-chain" junction boxes, by which I mean feed two lights from one and also feed another JB, and so on until I have supplied the six lights (i.e., three JBs)? Or, is there a JB with a bigger physical capacity?

TIA

Sponsored Links
you can do what you were suggesting, just make sure that the switch is able to take the load etc

Why bother running all six cables back to one power source, just wire then all in parallel i.e. from switch to 1st light (one cable), from 1st light to 2nd light (one cable), from 2nd to 3rd etc, etc, less cable less hassle, no junction boxes scattered around.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back