Spiral Stairway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to build my own spiral staircase. Does anyone know of any FREE plans on the internet to make some? Thanks for letting me know. Booster

Sponsored Links
I dont know about making some, but I know in UK we have loads of cheap ones on ebay.
may be worth having a look

Sponsored Links
There is no such thing as a "set of plans" for a staircase! There are companies who sell kits, but that's not the same. Every staircase is individually laid out and set-out to fit the individual stair well and the going is adjusted accordingly (and if you don't kno what that term is you are not yet competent to build a staircase). To find out what the Building Regs are why not get hold of a set of the Building Regs? (from HMSO).

Unless you are capable of working to a good degree of accuracy a staircase will be difficult - unless you understand the principles of ply/glulam lamination and/or torsion box construction as well a spiral staircase might well be impossible. Straight staircases are easy enough to do once you understand the principles, but many professionals shy away from making spirals.

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back