Remeha or Viessmann?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just pricing up for a central heating on a new build. 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, en suite wet room, downstairs cloakroom, underfloor heating downstairs, rads upstairs.

Fitting a 210 litre unvented cylinder. As for boiler choices, I'm drawn mostly to a Remeha Avanta system boiler or a Viessmann Vitodens 200.

I want to fit weather compensation as well. Never fitted a Viessmann, but fitted a Remeha Avanta combi last week, after hearing very good things about them, the price was great as well. They are a doddle to fit, apart from needing a degree in particle physics to commission.

Anyone got any thoughts on which would do the job best?

Sponsored Links
4 pipe viesmann over the avanta everyday of the week.

Sponsored Links
apart from needing a degree in particle physics to commission.

You got that right.

But it's the manual and the stupid two dots with no user on off reset frost rotating selector switch which is the real problem.

Were you to just plug it in and walk away it would be fine.

They completely missed the expectations of the UK installer and consumer in providing no functional control and no findable information.

But I like them.

How you have to look at it is. If those two dots are lit love: it is on.

Haven';t fitted a Viesman serviceded a few, harder to work on than Avanta, I cannot see any reason why they might be better. Maybe I have missed an element of the design which justifies the extra cost.

Well, the heat exchanger isn't a lightweight bought-in Giannoni unit.

We've had problems with Remeha and Viessmann, but in a comparison it is clear to me the Viessmann costs more to make.

The Remeha is built using similar bits to a Glowworm and is priced to compete.

With regard to Remeha Commissioning - it;s much easier using RECOM (via PDA or Laptop) not expensive either and works with all Remeha Premix boilers ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back