Isolator Switch for Bathroom Extractor Fan

It's not going to be so simple but it's very acheivable. You're going to have to create more damage than you probably wished for though.

You've got a permanant line, a switched line and a neutral.
A FCU is double pole, meaning it can only isolate two poles, normally permanant line and neutral. Your switched line will still be live.

Have a look at the wiring diagram which came with the fan and you'll see that the 1A fuse is situated before the swiched line comes into play so that it's protecting both the permanant and switched lines.

Thankyou Garymo
You're right, the 1A fuse is shown before the the switched line.
Thankyou so much for your help. i have a good understanding now and will take it from here.
Thanks again :D

Sponsored Links
I admire your dedication to carrying a job out correctly.

Most people would have just changed the fan like for like, either though ignorance by not reading the MI or by carrying out a risk assessment and coming to the conclusion that there's minimal risk by not having a 1A fuse in circuit and a 3 pole isolator.

I admire your dedication to carrying a job out correctly.

Most people would have just changed the fan like for like, either though ignorance by not reading the MI or by carrying out a risk assessment and coming to the conclusion that there's minimal risk by not having a 1A fuse in circuit and a 3 pole isolator.

Thankyou Garymo
You're help and guidance allowed me to take it on,for which I'm very grateful.
Will tackle this tommorow,as I'm too busy celebrating my 50th today :D
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back