New Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester Bosch, who have been servicing our Worcester Bosch 350 Combi for the last number of years, have informed us that from November they will no longer service it. Not surprised as it's 18 years old but it hasn't caused us much grief. It presently runs 8 rads, none of them that big. Any suggestions for a replacement? I contacted the guy who originally fitted it and his wife said he favours either the Alpha CD28 or 35C. Any thoughts? Grant

Sponsored Links
The new Worcesters aint like the old ones, go for one that has a long warranty, or as mickyg says, get someone else to service it.

If it's working, dont replace it.

There are plenty of RGI who will service it no problem.

Sponsored Links
If it's working, dont replace it.

There are plenty of RGI who will service it no problem.

What would I be expected to pay for a service? The contract I had with Worcester was to service once a year and call outs when needed. They were cheaper than British gas.

45 - 65 ish plus VAT i think is average mate

Dont change it unless you have too, new worcesters can offer 5 year warranty

45 - 65 ish plus VAT i think is average mate

Dont change it unless you have too, new worcesters can offer 5 year warranty

I thought i'd nothing better to do than ask Worcester to install a new boiler for me but apparently they don't deal direct with the public. I've had a rough quote of £1500 to install an Alpha CD35C. Is this about average?

Im Worcester accredited and not really fitted those boilers so couldnt comment on the price but that seems reasonable, always get a second opinion though!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back