Which oil boiler?

A word of caution regarding the Worcester - you may struggle to find anyone who will come and service/repair it for you in the future as
while they are excellent to install, they are a complete ba****d to service & repair speaking as a Service Engineer I would recommend the Grant for ease of maintenance, avoid Worcester IMHO ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Boxerman.

I suggest external oil boiler.

Grant is the quality product but I've also installed Warmflow and they
seem reasonable if a little unfinished.
I suggest external boiler. Job done just connect up the heating
pipes, electric and away you go. Don't mess about with old boiler
more hassle than it is worth. Especially since you have that monstrosity
of a flue outside.
I install system boilers.
Remove header tank job done all in the one box.

What sort of prices have you been quoted?

Just had my 1st quote in, fit new WB boiler, 210 litre unvented tank and underfloor heating circuit for approx. 25sq metres (i'll be doing the screeding myself), total cost £6500 !!!

Which worcester boiler?

Hi Boxerman.

I suggest external oil boiler.

Grant is the quality product but I've also installed Warmflow and they
seem reasonable if a little unfinished.
I suggest external boiler. Job done just connect up the heating
pipes, electric and away you go. Don't mess about with old boiler
more hassle than it is worth. Especially since you have that monstrosity
of a flue outside.
I install system boilers.
Remove header tank job done all in the one box.

What sort of prices have you been quoted?

Just had my 1st quote in, fit new WB boiler, 210 litre unvented tank and underfloor heating circuit for approx. 25sq metres (i'll be doing the screeding myself), total cost £6500 !!!

Which worcester boiler?

Strangely I don't know at this stage just had a phone call with a verbal quote, will find out and post the answer.

On another note, is there any reason to have an external/internal boiler other than location alone i.e. performance, efficiency, reliability, servicing etc.

Strangely I don't know at this stage just had a phone call with a verbal quote, will find out and post the answer.

On another note, is there any reason to have an external/internal boiler other than location alone i.e. performance, efficiency, reliability, servicing etc.

I like external because internal ones do have a habit of smelling as they
get older. They are also easier to install no drilling holes through wall for flues. Quieter running as the noise of the burner is outside so less noticeable in the house unlike an internal boiler.
Maybe a little bit of lost off heat as it is outside and don't think of running
out of oil in freezing conditions otherwise the boiler might freeze up.
Otherwise an internal and external boiler usually look identical on the inside. The boiler will fire up on a frost thermostat to keep itself warm in freezing conditions.

Sponsored Links
Worcester are installers boiler. Fit them, then dump the problems on Worcester until the warranty runs out, then you get dumped with the problems.

Firebird leak condensate and fall to bits.

For all the boilers, as long as they are not combies, they are all about as reliable as each other, after all, they use the same burner components.

There is no problem getting conventional flue parts, Midtherm can supply.

OK, quote is for Grant Vortex Pro Outdoor 15/26, Albion Ultra Steel 210 ltr unvented and John Guest UFH. Price excludes electrical work and room stats.

I've been in my house ten years and I'm on my 5th firebird boiler would not recommend them at all and the customer service is as good as they're boilers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back