Indesit WG1030

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Washing machine has stopped working. Used it previous night....everything fine. Next day came to use it, turned the dial and nothing...Check fuses - Okay! Not even filling with water. Door will not open with washing still in side. Noticed in a previous comment about a flickering on/off switch...Mine has done this since day one and has always been okay. Any clues????

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a faulty door interlock. The difficulty is how to open the door. You should be able to drain any water out by gravity, putting the waste hose into a bucket on the floor. Unplug the machine before dealing with the interlock. Initially I would reach in from the top of the machine and try to prise the door catch open where it pokes through the interlock. If this fails you may need to break up the interlock to open the door.

It actually never even filled with water. turned the dial to the set program and nothing, then realised door wouldn't re-open.... Do you still reckon it could be caused by the door.

The door switch (interlock) contains a little heater and a bi-metal strip. When you turn the machine on to the start of a wash, the little heater is turned on and it heats up the bi-metal strip, which switches the switch contacts and pushes a peg through a hole in the metal part of the interlock. If this system has gone wrong it may have all jammed up, leaving the peg locking the door but not operating the switch contacts.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info....I'll have a go later.... Do you think I met get away with just unlocking the door or is it a new part...

Thanks for all your help....

Thanks for advice, but grabbed the bull by the horns and dived in there. Managed to open washer door. Switched the washer on turned the dial and BINGO!!!!!! my washing machines working again.....

Fingers crossed when it finishes...Anyway at least I know what it is and i'm gonna see if I can pick up a lock mechanism tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

thanks...................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back