Atmos Intercombi HE32 - Opinion?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I just wondered if anyone here actually owns an Atmos Intercombi HE32 that could give me their unbiased opinion?

It looks to be a brilliant concept (why haven't other manufacturers taken their lead?) but I wanted an owners perspective before I take the plunge.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
We have fitted a few recently, TBH we are members of their partner scheme.
We have had no problems with the ones installed, the flue options are very good, and the appliance itself is very straight forward to install and commision.
Flow rates to the domestic hot water is good (45c at 10 ltm)
Before anyone else picks me up on it, its the same 35c lift as most other decent combis.
Easy to work on the expansion vessel is at the front and hinges out of the way for servicing, which is always handy.

I would fit one at home should the need arise.

Hi Smithy

Thanks for the reply.

Just been carrying out a little more research.

Is the Atmos HE32 a previous version of an Intergas boiler? I see Intergas are the originating manufacturer and they have what appears to be a newer version of the HE32 which has clock functions and a slightly different internal layout.

I can see with the Intergas the expansion vessel is located in a flimsy (so I've read) rear frame - but you could use an external Robokit instead if desired.

Thanks again

I will have to have a chat with Atmos, as the only ones I have come across with a built in clock and remote X vessel are the combi compact hre 24/18.
The also carry the same boiler as a 28/24 amd a 36/30.

We fitted a 24/18 on monday and it seemed a decent bit of kit.
good luck with your research.

Sponsored Links
Hi again Smithy!

Thx for the reply.

OK - Just spoke to Intergas and it seems the Atmos Intercombi HE32 is a previous generation Intergas boiler.

Atmos don't seem to be supplying an equivalent of the newer Intergas range at present.

So I'm looking probably now at the Intergas HRE 28/24.

Is it possible to mount a Robokit just above the boiler in the loft space (I'm in a Bungalow). I would like to maximise as much space as possible in my closet!

Thanks again

Remind me, which brilliant concept have Atmos got?

If it's the dual function heat exchanger it isn't a new idea, just another implementation of something that has been done before.

I'm not saying they are no good, just that they aren't the first one by any means.

Biflow heat exchangers have been around for years and were used by the likes of ferroli,some people will believe all the hype,whats so special about that particuliar boiler i will never know i see them at all the shows and call me charlatan the rep always tries to convince me.

My answer is let the other mugs try them on their punters and if its good then maybe,there is alot tried and tested kit out there

Now days there are people trying to convince you that Ideal have made an amazing boiler with the all new Ideal Logic,their track record isn't very good and the five year warranty is waste of time they didnt even honour the one year warranty on their previous products

Ahh - well as I'm an end user I don't generally get to see what else is available to me aside from Worcs - Vall't - Gl'wrm etc...

Found the boiler on doing some research for a simple but reliable combi given the endless bad user reports from the usual suspects.

I see Intergas have manufactured 6 - 700,000 units with this heat exchanger and have as yet (so they say) not had any failures. It ahs a 10 year guarantee - do Worc's Vall't et al offer this on theirs? Of course I'm sure other parts will fail.

I just like the simplicity - no diverter valve - large bore (15 DHW 22HW?) copper piping encased inside a cast aluminium exchanger - less likely to block?
Pump doesn't need to run drawing DHW.

Just seems such a simple idea with fewer parts to inevitably fail that I wondered why other manufactures haven't continued with it?

Anyway - what do I know - I'm just an end user :oops:

That's the trouble with the internet - never let it get in the way of experience. :LOL:

Most of the top end manufacturers warrant their primary HE for 10 years.

All the Dutch manufacturers seem to claim their boilers last for years - eg: Broag, ATAG, Buderus/Nefit, Intergas etc I'm surprised they've got a boiler market left!

That's the trouble with the internet - never let it get in the way of experience. :LOL:

Hence why I would refer peeps to my original post.

Is there anyone actually on here that can give me a users view of the Intergas (Atmos) boiler?

There's 500,000 happy housing association tenants in the Netherlands. What more do you want?

Come back here in 5 years and tell us how you got on, if it turns out to be any good I'm interested.

If it scales up like a Ferroli aluminium HE with copper cores I'm not.

I have an intergas hre 36/30 in my house and also install them. I live and work in hard scale area and have not seen anything to worry me about scale. I also believe parts of Holland have hard water as well.

I think they are a top draw boiler. boiler looks like this inside: http://www.intergasheating.co.uk/movies/
the HX is not the same as what ferroli others have had. it blows most boiler out the water for quality and efficiently.

I have mine connected to an opentherm room stat and it condenses like the clappers in hot water and CH.

Hi again Smithy!

Thx for the reply.

OK - Just spoke to Intergas and it seems the Atmos Intercombi HE32 is a previous generation Intergas boiler.

Atmos don't seem to be supplying an equivalent of the newer Intergas range at present.

So I'm looking probably now at the Intergas HRE 28/24.

Is it possible to mount a Robokit just above the boiler in the loft space (I'm in a Bungalow). I would like to maximise as much space as possible in my closet!

Thanks again

The short awnser is yes, The HRE you can have either way they will sell you a jig for rear mounting of the Ex vessel or they will sell you a robo kit for the same cost.

Your right about how simple it is, no diverter or plate heat exchanger. The vast majority of their spares are common across the range.
Go on their free one day course, join the partner scheme, (if you have a spare day) and they will give you 35% off your first purchase.

Hi Mehran - Smithy

Thanks for the information.

Well I might take the plunge.
My previous experiences have been far from good - a Vaillant which had THREE diverters - boards problems and a Glow Worm which had a PCB die & other annoying issues.

I would take the course and become a partner - but I'm just a little end user not an installer :LOL:

FYI I placed a question to Intergas about the range and the differences between their Boilers & the Atmos.
Had a call first thing this morning from their tech guy who unhurriedly explained all and more in great detail - very impressed.

Thx :D

I had this boiler installed in my house as the owner of the company that installed it insisted it was the dog's *******s. Having done this research as well as on youtube (see amtechnica on there for the videos), I can say I am happy with the boiler, but it would appear installers like this boiler due to the ease of service. The only problem is that you will probably end up having to go back to the company that installed it if there are any problems. I had my energy company (Npower) ring me and try to sell me central heating cover yesterday, but when I told them the make of boiler they said they were unable to cover me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back