Combi Boiler Pressure Rising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a worcester bosch combi boiler which is about 10 years old, no matter how many times i bleed the radiators the pressure slowly creeps up again!
Your thoughts gratefully received.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it creeps up gradually whether the boiler is on or off, then the filling loop is passing a small amount of water.

If it goes up too much when the boiler is on, the expansion vessel has run out of air.

Some worcesters have an internal filling loop so you may not have one like kevplumb's.
It is possible that the HW heat exchanger has failed, some worcesters have a single, dual flow type and some use a secondary one.

Sponsored Links
If it creeps up gradually whether the boiler is on or off, then the filling loop is passing a small amount of water.

If it goes up too much when the boiler is on, the expansion vessel has run out of air.

when i disconnect the old filling loop, can i expect to lose a lot of water from the boiler end?

when i disconnect the old filling loop, can i expect to lose a lot of water from the boiler end?

Only if the non return valve is faulty and not shut itself off, which can happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back