Halstead Ace High Boiler firing on & off for no reason

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Halstead Ace High boiler's burner has been going on and off every 2 secs or so for the past couple of days. The hot water works fine and seems unchanged however for some reason the burner keeps going on and off. The raidiators are warmish even though the CH wasn't supposed to be on. I've tried changing the function to HW only and it does the same. I also tried putting it on the timer with no CH and also with CH on and it seems to do the same also.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you need a RGI to diagnose the fault on site, parts for these boilers can be expensive so you dont want a guestimate of what is wrong, and without seeing the boiler thats all you'll get! ;)

My Halstead Ace High boiler's burner has been going on and off every 2 secs or so for the past couple of days. The hot water works fine and seems unchanged however for some reason the burner keeps going on and off. The raidiators are warmish even though the CH wasn't supposed to be on. I've tried changing the function to HW only and it does the same. I also tried putting it on the timer with no CH and also with CH on and it seems to do the same also.

Any help appreciated.

First check is what pressure is the system operating at?
Should be at least 1mb.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the posts guys. The pressure was below 1 but i've boosted it up to just below 2 although the same problem persists.

My mate is a plumber/heating engineer and he's going to take a look soon however i think i may have to get a Halstead specialst to take a look in the end.

Tamz do you know your bars from your Mbars or are you the milky bar kid :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back