Advice requested for Vokera Compact 24 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, can anyone offer me some advice;

I have a Vokera Compact 24 boiler, the boiler has never been great and now seems to be getting worse.

The main issue I have with it is getting consistent hot water. Typically I only get around 1 minute of hot water before it goes cold again. then after maybe 1 -2 minutes the cycle continues where it goes hot and cold. With winter approaching i best fix this!

I have read previous threads and already had a plumber round (who could not fix it). However I dont understand some of the jargon.

Without potentially influencing people's advice, can anyone shed any light as to what I might ned to do to get consistent hot water?

Thanks alot!

Sponsored Links
futher to my previous;

the shower I use is a Power shower, I have heard they are not suitable for the boiler I have - is this true? thanks

It sounds like a blocked plate heat exchanger, looking at the MI, I cannot see how you remove clean or replace it. Perhaps someone else has experience of these. Did the plumber wheel spin as he left? :)

And in answer to your shower question; you can't pump the mains supply - very naughty.

Cheers

going to be difficult cleaning the plate heatex on a compact....it doesn't have one.

my first guess would be the thermistor is faulty. what did your "plumber" try?

Sponsored Links
Hi nickso, What compact have i been looking at? :oops:

I don't suppose you could send me a copy of the MI, please.

Had a Vokera ages ago couldn't strip the Heat exchanger out of & thought it was this one - bad memory.

Cheers

going to be difficult cleaning the plate heatex on a compact....it doesn't have one.

my first guess would be the thermistor is faulty. what did your "plumber" try?

the plumber i that came round thought the thermistor was faulty which caused the boiler to overheat.

Would you or anyone know how I can repair the thermistor?

Thanks

Its not a £10 job for a professional.

He has to be trained, assessed and then register to work on gas boilers. Buy insurance, yellow Pages adverts, a telephone line, mobile, printed stationary, tools, working clothes and a van.

THEN he can respond to your call and come and repair your boiler. But to cover his considerable overheads he will have to charge you about £84 to diagnose the fault plus the cost of any spare parts ( which he might have to drive off to buy! ).

If you were really clever you could actually measure the resistance of the sensor ( hot! ) and see if its the correct value.

If all thats too much bother then just call the engineer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back