Common plumbers jobs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just wondered what sort of jobs/most common jobs you get called out for? I have used a plumber in the past to fix my toilet, had a new pump fitted and a valve, also had an overflow in my loft going and various other jobs over the years. What are your most common jobs?

Sponsored Links
I dont see the point of your question. What are you trying to achieve?

We go to a wide range of jobs, mostly boiler repairs in my case but I dont see the relevance of that.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I do hope you are not thinking about wasting time and a couple of grand to become a plumber in five minutes. :confused:

Cheers :)

no I am not, why do you say that? I am just being nosey really! :LOL:
The jobs a plumber gets called out to do is endless, you know when you have arrived when you get a phone call to go out and service the lady of the house :LOL:

Moi? Faulty toilet syphons and fill valves :confused:
Faulty ball valves in inaccessible loft tanks :confused:
Fitting new taps because the old ones aren't fashionable....relaxing with ones head within a filthy kitchen cupboard - the last one gave me bites on the neck (and it wasn't the lady of the house, either) :mad:
Just as well I'm not a plumber!
John :)

I find myself doing a lot of tea & biscuit testing duties. Its tough work, but someones got to do it :LOL: :LOL:

Alfredo

I once got called to an Asian doctors house to unblock the kitchen sink, when I say the house was filthy that is not an understatement.
As soon as the front door was opened the stench hit me in the back of the throat and my feet were sticking to the carpets that looked like roofing felt. When I looked at the blocked sink it was swimming in thick greasy water, I gave him a price of £200 and no, I didn't get the job.

As CEO & a time-served Plumber/Heating Engineer;
Today.
Breakfast Meeting 7.00-9.00am
Helping Buyer 9.00-10.30am
Helping Estimator 11.00-1.00pm
Surveying jobs 2.00-4.00pm
Sacking two Plumbers in a meeting 4.00-4.30pm
Now until- 5.30pm general office duties, e-mails etc.
Down the Lodge 5.30-10.30pm
Leg-over the wife's sister 10.38-10.40pm
Home 11.00pm
Another day another Dollar!!

urinating in cold tanks
changing parts on boilers that dont need changing
servicing boilers by leaving the hoover on and having a cuppa
sniffing knickers
sleeping in the loft

mainly

As CEO & a time-served Plumber/Heating Engineer;
Today.
Breakfast Meeting 7.00-9.00am
Helping Buyer 9.00-10.30am
Helping Estimator 11.00-1.00pm
Surveying jobs 2.00-4.00pm
Sacking two Plumbers in a meeting 4.00-4.30pm
Now until- 5.30pm general office duties, e-mails etc.
Down the Lodge 5.30-10.30pm
Leg-over the wife's sister 10.38-10.40pm
Home 11.00pm
Another day another Dollar!!

back again puller :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back