Window without a catch/latch?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Hope you can help a clueless person out! :oops:

The bathroom window in my partners house opens inwards but doesn't have a catch/latch fitted, so it is a pain trying to keep it open, because we need to stick something on the window sill to keep it slightly open, but not too much because the backs of our neighbours house are at the side of ours and they can see in! It is also troublesome trying to keep it open with something on the sill when it is windy - we have had things blow off onto the driveway below in the past....so as you can tell, we rarely have the window open but we now have condensation problem as we have no other ventilation.

Question - can I buy a catch or a latch which will fit onto the window and the frame so that we can open the window and it will stay open at a certain width?

The window handle is on the left and opens inwards towards the bathroom.

Hope you can advise!

Sponsored Links
Any chance of a pic so we can see what we are looking, sure theres catches about just need the correct ones ;)

Hi :) thanks for your reply. I have just uploaded a few pics to my profile, can you see them? Sorry for that bad quality, they were taken in a rush on my mobile. Oh, and ignore my make up brushes drying on the window sill :$

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your reply :)

Would you know which one? There are about 8 on that page and I have no idea!! My window opens left to right, it isn't one that drops downwards.

Thanks, hope you can advise.

I do not think I can be more specific, it will depend on the amount of room that is available between the window and the frame but look at http://www.handlestore.com/rest-popup.php?id=23 would this be a suitable fitting for you ?
You may find that the window hinges can be tightened to hold the window in the position that you want.
DC
Teamlocksmiths

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back