Viessmann Vitodens 100-W & Vitorol 100 UTA -RF Room Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a problem with our Vitodens 100-W boiler and the Vitorol 100 UTA room stat.

I think the batteries died in the room stat, and I have since replaced them with a fresh set. With that said however, the "Signal" light on the boiler is just flashing a sinlge amber led on the low signal strength indicator.

I can cycle through the Hot Water and/or the CH by using the grey button on the boiler, but I can't seem to get the room stat & the boiler to "talk", so I'm stuck with the heating/water on or off without a timer capability.

I would've thought it'd be rather simple to get the two to talk to each other, but I can't find ANY manuals or instructions for this room stat.

On the back of the unit there is a rotatable switch with markings that indicate domestic hot water AUTO, ON, OFF, "Coding" and "Test RF".

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!

Oh, the room stat is a Viessmann unit as well as the boiler itself.

Sponsored Links
try turning the rotary switch to test RF. this is basically as it says. it should show on the boiler a display series of lights from red to green. the signal it produces. have you tried simply turning the boiler off and on. as this powers the reciever. have you checked the old batteries. they could be ok and the unit faulty.

[quote="holty";p="1783927have you tried simply turning the boiler off and on.[/quote]

Is it inappropriate to tell you I love you?

I was worried, due to ignorance, of turnng the boiler off.

Problem fixed!

Thank you VERY much! :)

Sponsored Links
The battery ran out and a red light flashed in the Viessmann 100 UTA Room Thermostat. I've now changed the battery, but the timer doesn't sync with the boiler...

It's continuously fired up and on. Wasting a lot of energy. I don't see a RF dial option, only a dial with 5 lcd lights, labelled signal and the latter two lcd are labelled radiator and tap..that go green and red when I restart the boiler pressing the on / off switch. What can I do fix this?

Please help!

The battery ran out and a red light flashed in the Viessmann 100 UTA Room Thermostat. I've now changed the battery, but the timer doesn't sync with the boiler...

It's continuously fired up and on. Wasting a lot of energy. I don't see a RF dial option, only a dial with 5 lcd lights, labelled signal and the latter two lcd are labelled radiator and tap..that go green and red when I restart the boiler pressing the on / off switch. What can I do fix this?

Please help!

Have you tried the solution to my original problem...switching the boiler off and on again?

Yes I have, the boiler goes crazy even when the timer id not set and the radiators are red hot :(

Yes I have, the boiler goes crazy even when the timer id not set and the radiators are red hot :(

It might be worth starting your own thread then. It's more likely to get attension from someone who knows more about these things

thanks, good advice... will try it.

I can't believe I have no control over my boiler and temp is 90 degrees is this normal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back