Isar Ideal boiler gone mad..Making creepy noise /:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people! Great to be on this forum :D
Sorry for posting my question instead of introducing myself properly but we are kind of desperate.. :(
Couple of years ago we had Isar Ideal put in. It was free so we took it. What a mistake to make..It was acting up ever since :mad:
We not having very much fun with it again :evil:
For the last week or so it was making the noise that could drive anyone insane. It sounds like an old rusty door being slowly opened, similar to what you get in horror films and repeats itself every 10 second or so. I reckon its going to blow up :LOL:
It leaked today and all the electrics gone off. It kind of works after leaving to dry but still makes the noise and the water is luke warm.
Please please please help.... :( My hubby suspects some kind of valve (don't ask :oops: :LOL: ) I recon WD40 should do the job ;) please let me know what you think.Thanks

Sponsored Links
Where to start?............ These boilers are not the engineers favourites and not easy DIY.Noises can be caused by many things on these some of which can be gas related and to give advice will for the most part be guesswork. You really should call a boiler engineer who understands these models as the only sure way to diagnose is to be in front of boiler.
PS like the smilies.

Sponsored Links
thanks guys...I'll have to get someone to look at the ******* thing :evil:

It's making helicopter noises now..... :confused:

I think that boilers are preprogrammed to brake down just before Christmas! :unsure:

It's the fan bearings that have gone and the spinning bit starts to flutter all over the shop. Mine does exactly the same - especially the eerie noises.

Ideal boilers Yuck!

I only quote to replace them I don't even attempt repairs just advise
customer they aren't worth it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back