missing furniture bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to replace 2 screw/bolts from a pine bed, that got lost while moving house.

The screw/bolts are 6mm x 115mm & anchored by metal cylinders - what are these called? each is 20mm long with a threaded hole at the very end for the screw/bolt, & 10mm diameter with screwhead so you can hold them still thru one hole in the bedframe while you put the screwbolt thing thru the other.

I managed to get 6mm x 100mm screw/bolts but can't find the cylinder things, does anyone know what they're called or where to get them? maybe a wholesale place that supplies furniture makers?

Sponsored Links
Thank you both very much. I did mean cross dowels, & have just bought them online from Woodfit. The other site was good too, only I didn't need 100... I have saved them both as favourites.

Sponsored Links
Thanks "DAZB & matz" those links have been added to my Fav list, very handy.

Salem.

locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back