Please see this photo and tell me how to sort my dry verge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just stumbled across this forum after trying to search for a solution of my problem, and I would very much appreciate it if someone could help.

I have a dry verge system at the back of my house and I have a piece missing at the very top. The tops do not run into an apex so the usual cap I have seen would not work.

I have uploaded some photos to explain what I mean.

Would it be just a case of cutting a piece to fit and then gluing it on or is there another option.

Any advise would be really appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
You can buy a mono ridge end cap which fixes to the end of the tile battens.

Thanks alastairreid, after a quick google of 'mono ridge end cap' it seems to show images more of the tile, can you get the plastic dry verge too?

Those caps are the old blue Marley ones that aren't made anymore. I don't think you can get ridge caps that shape. I would just get hold of another cap and cut it to a nice fit and then compo any gaps.

I know where you can get the caps second-hand

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your suggestions.

I've got some spares so I'll try and see what kind of job I do by cutting to suit. If it's no good then I think I will have to call someone in, it's pretty high up there!

Thanks again everyone! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back