Dummy Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I want to put a dummy burglar alarm box on my daughter's house.

1/. Can you buy dummy boxes that are connected to the mains that will power a small light inside the box? (it's too high to keep climbing up to change a battery).

2/. I would like to run a cable down the outside of the house, entering the building near the fuse box (a sparks can then connect it). Would a professional firm do this, or by doing this will I make it look fake? (I realise it will need to be a special cable).

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
If you run the cable down the outside of the house it will be obvious that it is a dummy box. Properly installed functioning boxes have the cable hidden.

Use a solar cell to charge a rechargable battery that powers a self pulsing LED lamp. Maplins sell all the bits you need. No mains voltages involved.

It may that some one makes a solar powered dummy alarm box.

Sponsored Links
You would be better off spending the money on better locks & security rather than this (IMO).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back