Mono mixer: holding base firm for washer renewal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
I find using a normal spanner (17 for those nuts I think), then tapping the other end with a hammer usually loosens it up.

Careful with the sink though, they're usually quite thin where the tap is and won't take much abuse.

I find using a normal spanner (17 for those nuts I think), then tapping the other end with a hammer usually loosens it up.

Careful with the sink though, they're usually quite thin where the tap is and won't take much abuse.

Thanks, the sink is a thin cheapo Wickes one. I'm a bit wary about applying too much pressure.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I use a long box type spanner to slip over the nut with a thin bar or screwdriver in the relevant slot of the spanner to lever it around. Sometimes you can only turn by a few degrees at a time which can be tricky when youre cramped and upside down. However if you can hold the spanner still and you have long arms or an assistant the tap can often be rotated instead and soon comes loose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back