Loud rattling and banging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!
We have a combi Gloworm bolier, the water pressure gauge should read 0.7 minimum all the time and is reading 0.0! There is so much banging and clattering of the pipes at odd times of the day and night, what can I do to mend the problem? Can I do it myself? Or should I get someong in?
I hope you can help
Nemmy

Sponsored Links
look for one ot these

fill_loop.jpg

As above, when you find it open the white knob to allow water in and fill to approx 1 bar on your boiler guage. :D

Sponsored Links
Thank you one and all, there is no longer any rattling or banging coming from my boiler. I could easily get into plumbing! My boyfriend is pretty shocked! Have a great weekend. The plumber to be...Nemmy

If you are female then you might be interested to that the Institute of Plumbing has a female section with about 29 members.*

There are of course a lot more females doing plumbing as a career, I would guess about 300-400.

Unfortunately a lot of them move into office based jobs on helplines etc.

Tony Glazier

PS Just because this poster has a boyfriend we cannot assume that its a female. Its not politically correct or equal opportunities etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back