Momentarty Pull Cord to operate Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased an NC807C ceiling pull cord from my local electrical wholesaler costing £20, which I wish to use on a 230v domestic system. The pullcord came in a conventional clear bag with no wiring instructions.

My client simply wants to pull the cord, which sends a signal to an extractor fan in the bathroom which will then operate for however many minutes we set on the timer unit within the fan. So effectively using the pull cord as a 'momentary switch'. They do not want the fan to come on with the lights or shower or use a conventional on/off pull cord.

I have looked on the web but all I can find is that this is a 12v Pull cord ? http://www.c-tec.co.uk/dlfiles/Installation PDFs/dptakit_installation_a4_rev2.pdf technical specifications page.

There is a 3 pin connector block labelled +Ve, S and -Ve/R.

Where does the Phase and Switched Live/Neutral Go ? Or is this the wrong pull cord for the application ?

If ne1 has installed a momentary Pull cord to operate a fan can they advise please ?

BTW : Its on 3a fcu, direct to CU (using a 6a MCB) on the RCD side of the board, there is a 3 pole isolator too.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back