AEG Lavamat L64810 Washer/Dryer-start/pause button not worki

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have an AEG Lavamat L64810 Washer/Dryer which is about 3 years and 5 months old.

When the power is turned and the programme knob is turned initially to select desired programme time, the multidisplay very quickly shows the following 3 lines: '- - -' before disappearing to show the programme time chosen. This has never happened before, but then when you proceed to press the start/pause button nothing happens?

I have taken the the top of the machine off to check any loose connections and have even cleaned the pump cover - but no joy.

Could it be the Printed Circuit Board? (We have already had the PCB board changed twice before in the first year, due to an 'E code' fault that used to come up).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

H007

Sponsored Links
Hi Zipper,

If you mean the 'Prod No.' It is: 914524150/00.

Thanks for your reply and help.

Regards,

H007

Turn the machine off. Press & hold the start button & the nearest option button to it. While holding the buttons down turn the program selector one position clockwise. Hold the buttons down until the LED's flash rapidly. Then release the buttons & turn the program selector clockwise to position 10. Post the error code in the display.

Sponsored Links
Hi Zipper,

I have tried pressing the 'start/pause' button with the next button to it (many times) and I have tried it with the other buttons but no flashing LED's. The only thing that continues to flash (whether pressed or not) is the LED for the start/pause button. I tried playing around with other buttons and the only other combination that brings up flashing LED's is the combination of the 'Prewash' and 'Rinse Hold' button. When I then move the programme selector clockwise it shows 'E51' when I then turn it off quickly and on again it shows 'E50' before I turn it off again by which time it has reset it self. Obviously as I am not pressing the button combination you said, does that mean this may not be the 'E code' to the problem that I actually have?

Also when you said move the programme selector to position 10, do you mean ten places from the first position or on 10 minutes which is the Spin choice? When the 'Prewash' and 'Rinse Hold' button was pressed causing flashing LED's I moved the programme selector to 10 places (including from the first position) to show 'E51'.

Regards,

H007

An Aeg Lavamat L64810 with PNC nr. 914524150/00 comes up as a washer, not a washer/dryer?
This aside...if the machine shows error E51 it points to a blown motor triac, which means a new pcb is required :(

Hi Zipper,

My apologies, you are correct it is a washer only!

Is the code 'E51' the problem even though I pressed the 'Prewash' and 'Rinse Hold' button? (As you said to press the start/pause button with another button).

If it is still correct would this be what I would be looking at purchasing? (please copy into broswer)...

http://www.buyspares.co.uk/aeg/l648...=495970:496636,108434:496003&model_ref=533167

Regards,

H007

Your machine has a different different layout than a washer/dryer. If the far LH buttons on each horizontal row are pre-wash & rinse hold then that is correct & E51 is the last error stored in the Eeprom. E51 signals a blown motor triac on the pcb. Before you rush out to buy spares you need to check the motor (& particularly the motor brushes) are in order. How old is the machine? Brushes last anything from a couple of years to 6-7 years depending on use & loading. The part shown in your link is not the pcb...it is the display module. The pcb is located under the lid on the right hand side & has p/n 973914524150-00/5. You can get one from Electrolux (none of the independent suppliers I checked have it in stock). It should cost around £110 - £120 from E.lux. However...don't change the pcb before confirming the motor is good.

Hi Zipper,

Thanks again.

Please see attached picture showing layout of Pre-wash and Rinse Hold buttons.

The machine is 3 years and 5 months old. It is used (by the missus)! about 3 times a week and for a family of five.

How would I check the motor (& particularly the motor brushes) are in order. (ie; what do they look like and where are they placed and what would I be looking at to see if they are in good order). Thanks.

Regards,

H007

Hi Zipper,

It was a while back when you tried to help with advice regarding my washing machine and I apologise at least for not having the courtesy to come back to you for all the help you gave me.

The fault was the printed circuit board in the end. Due to the expense it was cheaper to buy a new machine! We have now bought a John Lewis machine which were happy with.

Thanks again for all your help, which did save us a lot of money.

H007

I have a Lavamat - AEG. Pause/ Start button not turning on machine. Tried pressing two buttons together, move dial etc, but no error code give, and nit working. And now the door won't open!! Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Sorry for rebooting this post but I've recently suffered this issue.

Our washing machine stopped working in that the start button would not start the run but all the lights were working. Having reviewed many howto's I found the error code E51 and decided to purchase new carbon brushes for the motor.

Once they had arrived I started the task of changing these brushes. Just a little help if anyone does want to hear it: the various bolts to undo varied from 8mm to 7mm then came the removal of the brushes. These were crazily 5.5mm and it took me some time to find the right socket. Also the bits I had ordered were shaped slightly different but they still fitted well.

So it was all back together and still the same error. At this point my wife decides to inform me that when it had stopped there was a burning electrical smell. Dah. Now she tells me.

So my attention moved to the PCB. Taking the top off revealed the PCB at the back of the controls and there it be.
It appears a diode has fizzled away and left soot in its place. I was toying with the idea of replacing the diode although I wouldn't know what rating it needed. I then thought maybe the diode was fried for a reason so perhaps best to replace the PCB.

£143 from AEG??? Off to online auction site and second hand one for £30. Here's to hoping this works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back