Turbomax Plus 824E Combination Boiler -green flashing light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had a new boiler installed and hot water is running fine.
whenever the timer is switched off, heating and hot water are switched off, the green light starts flashing and the motor switches on (makes a noice and I suspect it is some sort of motor). this happens regularly and stops after 30 seconds or so. has something to do with warm start mode even if heating is off? Boiler shows yellow light and flashing
green.
I have the installation people coming around tomorrow to check, but would like check if anybody else had the same problem.
also i think when the heating is on, it seems to switch off before the requested temperatur is reached.

any ideas anybody please?

Sponsored Links
Hopefully your Gad Safe installer left you all paperwork and manuals for the installation, as you mentioned it was a new boiler. The Turbomax range has not been manufactured for four-five years, as it has been a requirement to install A or B rated appliances since 2005. Turbomax's are band D. There are exceptions, but this would surely have been discussed by the installer.

The warmstart feature can be turned off by turning the hot water temperature knob to minimum, then back to the desired temperature.

The boiler could possibly be an ecoTEC Pro which also has the green/yellow/red LEDs.

Hello, thank you for the reply. Yes I have all the paperwork back home. it is a new boiler. wasn't sure about the type and had a look at other posts and thought the above is the one i have, ecotec sounds like the one i've got though.

should it really be that easy? just turn warm water down? will try tonight. Thank you very much !

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back