Boiler problems - flashings lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of the troublesome Suprima 60 boilers (Yes I've read all about it cutting out - but have lived with this). Yesterday I found the green light flashing which indicates that it is heating the water AND the red light flashing too. I checked the paperwork that came with the boiler and it states "Blocking - Mains Frequency incorrect or Air Switch". I have pressed the reset button and on comes the green light but this is followed by the red light joining it in flashing mode. Needless to say this morning there was no hot water. When the green and red lights are flashing, there do not appear to be a blue light burning visible through the little opaque gap on the front of the boiler, so I guess that it is not heating the water as per normal.
Can someone tell me in PLAIN and VERY SIMPLE English what this new problem is and what "or Air Switch" means - is it a blockage - how can it be rectified.

Sponsored Links
I have one of the troublesome Suprima 60 boilers (Yes I've read all about it cutting out - but have lived with this). Yesterday I found the green light flashing which indicates that it is heating the water AND the red light flashing too. I checked the paperwork that came with the boiler and it states "Blocking - Mains Frequency incorrect or Air Switch". I have pressed the reset button and on comes the green light but this is followed by the red light joining it in flashing mode. Needless to say this morning there was no hot water. When the green and red lights are flashing, there do not appear to be a blue light burning visible through the little opaque gap on the front of the boiler, so I guess that it is not heating the water as per normal.
Can someone tell me in PLAIN and VERY SIMPLE English what this new problem is and what "or Air Switch" means - is it a blockage - how can it be rectified.

potterton fixed price repair is your best bet methinks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back