Dual tech' PIRs - Good/Bad ?

Sponsored Links
Do you need 6 core to operate dual tech sensors?

Depends on the panel and the Grade

Its a grade 3 system.
The keypad is honeywell so I assume we have a galaxy endsation??

Is it therefore possible if the previous alarm was PIR only and that the wiring was 4 core that when wiring up the dualtech sensors the engineer could have wired up the sensors so that only the microwave circuit was active?

This would explain all the false alarms triggered only by people driving vehicles outside the building and not because someone has entered the building.

The microwave could see through the walls and therefore activate as has been happening when staff have been parking up outside or walking past the building when the alarm is set.

Just goes to show that none of this tech is foolproof
How much much money do people make fixing poor installs

Sponsored Links
No it doesn't.

If this system is so problematic and the response of the installer is so allegedly poor, I don't know why the issue hasn't been flagged up to the relevant inspectorate yet.

Interesting to note, that unless yet another building is being leased, this system has morphed into a Grade 3 from a grade 2, oh and apparently, installed by ... "one of the contractors sparkies who used to be an alarm installer and claims to still be SSIA registered."

If that's the case, well.

Is it therefore possible if the previous alarm was PIR only and that the wiring was 4 core that when wiring up the dualtech sensors the engineer could have wired up the sensors so that only the microwave circuit was active?

Nope that is impossible and CANT happen.

Also as alumni, dont believe your story for 1 second yaleguy, name and shame this alarm co, even by PM, then we'll see, wont be too hard for most of us here to find out the truth, but i have a feeling you cant.

See your bumchums showed up again on a thread thats has nothing to do with him, why you even showed up here, i dont know, cos we've stayed well clear of the YALE threads,

in all my years as an alarm engineer i have never come accross a dualtech that you can only connect the microwave side!!

MX5 anyone?

Oasis

Are you thinking of another device?

Your lack of knowledge is becoming more and more obvious.

Stick to what you know, leave the pros to the real issues.

yep that's right I do not know - that is why I am asking questions but as is the case with so many people asking questions on this forum trolls come along to insult and disparage.

Thanks to Mr mealing I am getting some answers so I can try and understand why there has been problems.

If I don't know the difference betwwen 4 core and 6 core wiring and std and dualtech then I will ask and am willing to be educated.

Are you thinking of another device?

Your lack of knowledge is becoming more and more obvious.

Stick to what you know, leave the pros to the real issues.

I am currently seeing pros in action and unfortunately that is why I have come on here to ask questions. If they had made a seamless task of the installation I would not have any questions to ask would I?. However I am asking these questions because the installers have not been able to tell me why they are having problems. They have changed what could have been a faulty sensor but they couldn't explain why is wasn't working correctly hence me trying to find out on here.

Nope that is impossible and CANT happen.

Also as alumni, dont believe your story for 1 second yaleguy, name and shame this alarm co, even by PM, then we'll see, wont be too hard for most of us here to find out the truth, but i have a feeling you cant.

See your bumchums showed up again on a thread thats has nothing to do with him, why you even showed up here, i dont know, cos we've stayed well clear of the YALE threads,

I am not going to name and shame this company because I require their goodwill in the future and I still have to resolve the current issues.
As for not believing me that is your call.

What absolute balls that you lot ever ever stayed clear of yale threads have you heard yourself?

If there was a Yale thread and you joined because you personally were having problems with a yale alarm or someone you knew was I would be more than happy to answer your questions.
However that is never the troll parties mission in yale threads is it?

I cannot believe that you have actually said that you trolls never go into yale threads . . you have got to be kidding me . . you don't actually believe what you are saying do you , have you actually seen how many threads are trolled as soon as yale is mentioned?

Can't say I blame you. I serviced four alarms yesterday all yale of course all 2 plus years old and all working perfectly after a half hour visit to replace batteries and test.

Sadly just as you yourself will know only too well some users will try and service their own alarms.
I know yale are diy but in reality given the job they are meant to do they should really be managed by someone who knows what they are doing.
I get the odd call when to save a small amount of money people do not take advantage of calling me back to change their batteries and check the systems until things go pear shaped.

Went to a system where the owner said he was having problems . He had been getting the fault light and the warning beep every 30 seconds that is associated with a fault. Annoying but necessary.
When I arrived his solution had been to go into the devices flagging up the low battery warning and remove them from the system to stop the warning bleep so he could sleep at night.

He had ended up with a control panel that wasn't bleeping but a system without any detectors enrolled!!!!

No it doesn't.

If this system is so problematic and the response of the installer is so allegedly poor, I don't know why the issue hasn't been flagged up to the relevant inspectorate yet.

Interesting to note, that unless yet another building is being leased, this system has morphed into a Grade 3 from a grade 2, oh and apparently, installed by ... "one of the contractors sparkies who used to be an alarm installer and claims to still be SSIA registered."

If that's the case, well.

This is another building it is the second one currently leased and there will be another one in July. This building isn't the same landlord or contractors. The lanlords get the contractors in so I have no say in who they are.
It's not really my job to report to the inspectorate that would be the lanlord who had contracted them.
Besides I always give people the benefit of the doubt. As long as they get this system working properly then its no skin off my nose.
Of course if it had been for police response then it would have been a fail as we would have been downgraded. as it is our keyholders have been out too often and I will be disputing paying their call out charges to false alarm scenarios.

in all my years as an alarm engineer i have never come accross a dualtech that you can only connect the microwave side!!

MX5 anyone?

Oasis

Thanks Oasis. That answers my question. Now I wonder why there have been problems. The engineer did mention low voltage to the sensor. 11v when the battery was showing 13.3,
Is it possible if the local mains electric has spikes and drops (I have noticed occasional unexplained 'dipping' of the lighting.Not totally out but just occasional dimming for perhaps half a second.)

I don't know exactly what the alarm company have done when upgrading what was an existing system. It used to be part of one building now the bit we have has been segregated from the original building with all new services installed ie gas and electric.However the original alarm wiring was reused and adapted where necessary.
This is obviously my first experience of dual tech sensors and the alarm companys solution to the alarm being seemingly activated by vehicles parking outside the building was to turn down the range of the microwave output in every sensor to 25%(apparently the lowest it can be set).

The requirements of Grade 3 if i remember correctly would mean that sensors should still work at about 9.6V, the only way i can help any further is if i know which DualTechs are installed, like i said picture would be good.

Saying that 11V is definitely too low, battery could be duff causing the problem, panel could be duff, wiring could be duff or too long a run, the guys meter could be duff, there are just so many possibilities.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back