Neff touchcontrol hob connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: Not a simple L, N, E. clearly marked for this one. No details for electrical connection in the booklets. Cryptic choice of 2 diagrams stamped on bottom of hob. In addition to earth, there are 4 terminals L1 and L2 are the only ones which will kind of easy to receive cable, because the other 2 have a copper link plate in them. Torx screws as well. Seems Neff don\\\'t want it to be very easy. So I put neutral to termial 4 [with difficulty] where there was an N and live to termial 1 [L1] as that is what the cryptic diagram seemed to suggest, but the hob doesn\\\'t work, no sign of life at all. The seperat oven works [same circuit, in fact, same cable with centre in a junction box]. Maybe job for electician but does Neff really need to be this complicated/cryptic!? Neff oven was simple enough. :?:

Sponsored Links
Does the L1 and L2 not suggest two separate live feeds, separately fused?

ie 1 pipe in split to hob & oven?

I'm no spark though.

Ps like you bit on floor finishing, I bet it frustrates you when you see so many Lawrence Lew-bodged floors on TV!

the hob and oven are seperate units. Electrician sorted it out in 2 minutes. I had missed out a copper link.

re the floor advice, thanks for your kind comment. Haven't watched Lawrence L. for well over a year so can't comment!!
regards, Alan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back