Accenta G3 strobe will not reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 8EP 396 Optima compact G3 with a Sonade 2000 sounder/strobe, been working fine for 6 or 7 years. A few days ago an alarm was triggered somehow, I reset it in the usual way when I got home. However, although all seems to be working still (in that you can set the alarm, etc.), the strobe is permanently flashing and the internal sounder (the one that beeps when you set the alarm) is much louder than it used to be.
I tried switching off the mains for a few minutes, that didn't change anything.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
probably a failed external siren unit!
these were not the most reliable of external sirens

my personal advice is to fit a new external siren unit

Oasis

or disconnect the strobe trigger lead in the panel!!
but sometimes this does not fix it! and sometimes it does!

Thanks, would that explain also the increase in volume of the internal sounder though? I will try disconnecting the strobe anyway, to see if that helps.

I disconnected the strobe, but the internal sounder is still on loud volume all the time. It occurred to me that the system is remaining in the alarm condition even though I have pressed the reset button and it is otherwise working as normal. Is it worth powering down the control panel completely and restarting it?

Sponsored Links
also try powering the sytem down then re powering and see what happens, check fuses/connections etc (and change the battery if it old!)

try it agin and the let us know what happens

Oasis

Thanks both.
I tried code + reset, that just set the alarm in the usual way (i.e. it ignored the reset).
When I power down, presumably the siren will go off. Will it stop again as soon as I power up and enter the default code, or will it go on for the full 20 minutes regardless?

power down, mains and battery
power up battery then mains
enter code
put cover back on (if its keypad on panel type)
press reset

that should do it

the external siren will sound when all power is lost from system but as soon as you power it back up agin the panel will sound the internal and external siren until you enter your code

Oasis

Sorry for the slight delay, was waiting for a new battery to be delivered. I powered down the panel as per your instructions, sounder went off as anticipated, then I attached the new battery and switched the mains on.
No change however - the internal volume is still loud and the strobe is still permanently flashing (like it does when the alarm has gone off but the sounder has timed out). Can you help with the next step please? Does this mean a new panel perhaps?
One thing that surprised me was that the panel remembered my code even after it had had no power for a minute or so. I expected to have to enter the default 0123 code.

Did you ever sort the problem with the strobe? Have come across the same thing and have tried all the resets/ power downs but no joy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back