Path and steps . . . *updated with pictures*

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im going to lay a new path and build some steps upto the front door.

Trouble is im not really sure how to tackle it but do fancy having a go.

I'm putting the path mabe a meter wide on the edge of the grass then curving round to the front door with a series of curved steps.

How hard is brick laying also on a curve and how would i cut the slabs to the curve and make a nice finish as the curve will be the face side on show.

I hope i make sence and any help will be really appriciated.

Many thanks![/b]

Sponsored Links
it would be reasonably easy to do depending on your skill level. Have you laid bricks/slabs before? If you have a level of abilty then it's probably just about looking at other examples of what you're after, to get ideas. If you know the basics, like preparation etc..... give it a go.... good luck,

It all depends on what materials you want to use.

For a small curve radius less than 1.5m you need to use smaller format items like block paving setts. Bricks or step riser units can easily be layed to a curve but if using bricks they need to be layed as closers or soldiers

The easiest way is using step risers and block paving as exampled in this picture

http://www.blockright.co.uk/images/steps.png

If the curve is a big enough radius you can tightly butt them together with no mortar which will avoid the problems you will have if you are not experience laying bricks as on something you will see everytime you enter the house the joints would need to be very uniform and neat which would be hard to do first try.

Sponsored Links
Updated with pictures...

garden2.jpg

garden1.jpg

I was thinking would it be easier to have rectangular steps?

From the picture, i want a path from the pavement upto to the gate, this means loosing the current first step, how would i space the steps out upto the door?

where the gareden is slooping down to the drive and i want the slabs flat/level im going to dig into the lawn, im thinking of putting a wall along the edge then curving round to the left side of door getting higher as i go along.

Any advise/plans/ideas/help/materials to use is really appriciated!

Many thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back