Electrolux EWD 1409i | Start/Pause button blinking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Electrolux EWD1409I washing machine is not working.

I select the program and press Start; but nothing happens.

No error message and nothing;

Just the button Start/Pause keeps on blinking.

Tried cleaning the filter and all the options; nothing seems to work. Just the button keeps on blinking.

What could be the problem?

Quick response will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Turn the machine off & close the door. Press the start/pause button & the nearest option button to it....keep them pressed. Turn the program selector one position clockwise. Keep the buttons pressed until the LED's start flashing. Release the buttons & turn the program selector slowly to the 10th position. The last error should be displayed. If your model has an LCD display post the code here. If it has no display the error code is shown by a series of repeating flashes on the "end of cycle" LED & the "start/pause" LED. Note the sequence & post it. To exit diagnostics turn the machine off - on - off.
BTW is the PNC number on the door sticker 914601235/00?

I pressed the Start/Pause buttopn and button next to it (Delay). Then turned the dial to one place clockwise (Normal); after all blinkings and beep voice, i released the buttons.

It was showing C10 on my machine.

Then I turned the dial further 10 spaces clock wise to hand wash. NOthing happened.

Then i turned the dial to 0 and after few minutes turned clockwise to normal. It showed ELE on my LCD display and now it is showing ED4 on display and it's beeping.

I am not sure whether what i did was correct?

Sponsored Links
Position 10 counting from "off"...which means you have to turn the dial slowly another 9 positions after you release the buttons. Take no notice of "C" codes in the display while turning the selector, these identify single component tests. The "real" alarm code has the letter E before it. Try again...
The PNC number is on a sticker in the door opening.
There is no ED4 alarm. "ELE" means the pcb isn't out of diagnostics, just turn it off then on again & it'll disappear.

Okay; My bad.

I did the thing like:

1. Presses Play/Pause and Delay button.
2. Turned dial to Normal.
3. Waited till led blinks.
4. Released buttons
5. Turned dial further 9 places to Hand Wash.

LCD Display is showing ED4. Play/Pause button is blinking in Red and it's beeping after every 10 seconds to make blink color green and then again it turns red and beeps after about 10 seconds.

Prod No. is 914602300/00

The PNC number you quoted does not tie up with the model number you gave earlier.
It belongs to a washer/dryer with model number EWX14440W? Now that does have an Ed4 alarm...it means that either the dryer pcb is faulty or the main pcb is faulty. Now I am confused :rolleyes:
Do you have a washer...or washer/dryer :?:

It's a washer / Dryer.

I just gave Model number from the manual at home. I didn't realize it was wrong. :confused: :confused:

Well at least we got there in the end :rolleyes:
You most probably have a fault on the dryer pcb, but in the worst event the main pcb could be defective. No test to find out which. You could try inspecting both for damage. But at the end of the day you'll probably have to change the dryer pcb & cross your fingers that was the culprit.

Thanks Zipper.

That means, I will have to call the technician to get this solved. :(

Thanks again for your help on diagnosis.

Update to the group.

Dryer element of the machine was faulty. Technician came and replaced it. He mentioned that this is common problem in these types of washing machines.

Problem Solved!!

Hi guys, wonder if you would be so kind as to help me?

E51 error on electrolux ewd1409i serial 63900016

Regards
Scott

Hi guys.

I noticed that some of you might be able to help me with my washer problem. I have an Electrolux EWF 16079W. The play button flashes green and nothing happens when I press it. I tried reading out an error code, but since the machine does not have a display it only produces a series of 5 red flashes followed by a green flash, then 5 red flashes again, one green and so on.
Can anyone tell me what might be wrong.

Thankyou all in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back