Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 Banging (Very Loud!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 washer that has run reliably from new (5 years). It has suddenly started to make an incredibly loud knocking noise when it gets to it\\\'s fast spin stage. And I mean loud, all the neighbours can here it. :cry: :cry:

I\\\'ve taken the top cover off to have a look and just can\\\'t figure out what could be causing this. It only happens when the spin is on high speed. The drum doesn\\\'t appear to be out of alignment and the belt is firm and secure. I can see what looks like 2 shock absorbers on the left and right that support the drum, but can\\\'t see anything untoward here either. There is simply nothing visible that I can see that may be causing this problem. Whatever the issue is, it must be fairly serious...I\\\'ve heard Boeing 747s make less noise on take-off. Definately knocking....and today it seemed okay during the high speed spin then suddenly it sounded like world war 3. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this problem, what spares are required and where they can be bought from? I don\\\'t want to buy a new machine just yet, this machine doesn\\\'t work hard....only my wife and I with washing for two, once a week.

Sponsored Links
No, it's fine. But I think I may have located the problem - and I say think. I've noticed slight play in the one suspension damper. At high speed spin, this suspension damper might not be able to handle, thereby causing this awful sound. I'll buy new ones and see if they make a difference.

i think you are wasting your time.

if its noisey spin, and when spun by hand drum is quiet its either

something stuck beteween inner and outer drums

loose weight (or fan/ condensor in your case)

broken pulley spoke

Sponsored Links
I've had a few of these machines with cracked drum spiders. When on spin the centrifugal force causes the crack to open up and the inner drum can then hit the outer drum.

never had that, once though had a complete spider snap just infront of the bearings

It would be worth checking that the bolts hold the counterweights (big lump of concrete!) are tight - it's not unknown for them to come loose - at low speed it doesn't vibrate much but at high speed......

I've seen a few of the recent Merloni Hotpoints with this problem..... luckily the bolts are easily accesible.

noisy hotpoint.........there are 2 springs.check none are broken, take lid off there should be one from concrete to rear and one from front

post locked to pevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back